The MBBS Full Form is Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery. Whereas, MBBS means Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery it is an acronym of Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae, which is the term used for this course in Latin. The Medical Line is very hard when contrasted with the Engineering Field. A Medical Degree has never been simple. MBBS that stands for Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery is the most popular as well as the most designated degree of doctorate. These are the 2-bachelor degrees in a single domain of the Bachelor of Medicine & the Bachelor of Surgery. This is the custom of the UK and many universities in many countries are following this custom.While in the US, both of the degrees are awarded separately as the MD and DO, The MD Full form is (Doctor of Medicine) and DO Full form is (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). It is the one and only bachelor’s degree that creates the scholars eligible to hold the term “doctor” with their name.
The MBBS is an under-graduate degree within the field of medical. The MBBS course duration is 5.5 years. It is very hard to pursue the MBBS Degree. The demand for this course is increasing day by day by the scholars after Class 12th.
All You Require To Know About MBBS:
An MBBS i.e Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery is an under-graduate degree for aspirants who want to make their dream successful of becoming a doctor or having a doctorate degree. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), maybe a professional degree in medical science. Aspirants holding the MBBS degree become licensed health professionals. The duration of the MBBS course is five years and 6 months including one year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centers, and health camps organized by non-profit organizations (NGOs). The MBBS course & MBBS syllabus includes studies on anatomy, pharmacology, pathology as well as community health & medicine, pediatrics, and surgery. The syllabus of the course is well designed in such a way that MBBS degree holders can opt for specialization for further majoring and practicing medicine. The career specializations for MBBS scholars are Gynecology, Nephrology, Endocrine, Cardiology, transplant, General Surgery, and Anesthesiology, etc.
MBBS Admission: How to Apply?
- A student needs to clear the NEET entrance exam to pursue the MBBS course. The process of admission is based on the scores obtained by the student in the NEET entrance exam. The application process for the MBBS course is as follows:-
- Applicants need to complete the online process of registration by logging in to the official website by putting a legitimate date of birth, email id, and phone number.
- Once the process of registration is completed upload all the documents that are required to fill the application form.
- Pay the registration fees.
- After successfully paying the appliance fees, you will see a confirmation page. For future reference, you need to take a print of this page.
- Few days before the NEET exam, the admit cards will be released for all the eligible students. Candidates need to download the admit card from the portal.
- NEET entrance exams are going to be conducted on the same date mentioned in the admit card.
- Based on the scores obtained within the NEET exam, applicants are going to be involved in the counseling process.
Top Career options after MBBS:
During the first year of the MBBS internship, scholars can work with healthcare centres and hospitals as consultants, medical assistants & physicians in Hypercritical care units, among others. They can also work in projects like health campaigns by the government and help the general public with giving the awareness about medicines, fitness, health and diseases through conferences and seminars. After completing the MBBS internship, the scholars can get themselves registered as doctors with the MCI stands for Medical Council of India. They can also apply for a postgraduate degree in medical i.e. MD or MS or continue working in the health care sector as well-qualified doctors. While pursuing further education in life science, an MBBS-degree holder also can accompany pharmaceuticals as research associates. Additionally, the option for giving a Combined Medical Services Exam is always open for a graduate of MBBS. They can be employed with the central government organizations, including hospitals, the defense sector, railways, and the local or the state government.
For the higher prospect of your career, you ought to have some skills like deep knowledge within the field, self-confidence, caring nature, good diagnosing ability, responsibility, counseling skills, and good communication skills so as to interact with the patients.There are good job as well as career opportunities for the scholars after getting the degree in medicine as a doctor. It is a professional field with 100% job placement. No one in the world, who has a degree in MBBS and has no job.
An MBBS graduate may choose the PG degree programs resulting in the Domain M.Sc (Medical), MD (Doctor of Medicine), or MS (Master of Surgery), etc.
After successfully completing the MBBS degree, there are 2 options for the students: either choose employment within the medical field or start their own venture. Students can also choose government jobs as a doctor or join a personal health firm. There are good future scopes in the field of medicine.
You may be hired by the medical college, health corporations, health ministry, hospitals, nursing homes, back office medical consultancy, medical health society, & pharmaceutical industries. You can also work as a physician, prescribes medicines and treatment for the disease, research while surgeons perform operations.
Many Medical Graduates are in demand to study and research the different areas in Bio-Engineering.
The job profiles of the MBBS graduate are as follows:
- Junior doctors
- Junior Surgeons
- Medical Professor or Lecturer
- Some Employment Areas are given here:
- Biomedical Companies
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Colleges
- Health Centres
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
MBBS Scope, Top Companies/Employers & Salary:
One who has completed his/her MBBS Degree can start their career as a general physician, who studies, cures illnesses of patients, diagnoses. Generally, a physician treats illnesses at primary stages, and if after diagnosis the disease is critical then the patient referred to a relevant medical practitioner.
The average income offered to a general physician is around Rs 4-5 lakh per annum*.
A medical practitioner who specialises in the treatment of illness in children and examines their general growth and development. A paediatrician treats children from their time of birth to their adolescence period & even later. They help in the early diagnosis of illnesses in developing children, guide parents on food and allergies to children. The doctors provide preventive care, help in the growth & development of children with special needs & monitoring side effects & allergies of medicines.
The initial income offered to a paediatrician is more than Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum.
Medical Assistant (Surgery):
Starting a career as a medical assistant in a specialisation such as cardiology, dermatology, oncology, nephrology, neurology, gynaecology, ophthalmology is a good option to learn about performing surgeries on patients. Further to study more, treat and diagnose patients with modern techniques as per their medical speciality. Over several years, with modern science & technology, there have been many medical achievements by renowned surgeons, which means this profession is entirely based on continuous learning and practising.
The average income offered to a medical assistant is around Rs. 3-4 lakh per annum.
The top recruiting firms for MBBS degree holders are majorly Hospitals, Medical Research Centres, and Pharmaceuticals, etc. The list of recruiters for MBBS degree are:
- Medanta Hospitals
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- Wockhardt Ltd
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd
- Cipla Ltd
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Eligibility for MBBS Degree:
- Candidates must have passed Class 12th/higher secondary/pre-university qualifying examination with Science subjects i.e. Physics, Zoology/Botany and Chemistry. They must have also studied the subject English as the main subject for their qualifying exam.
- Moreover, candidates also need to fulfil the age limit criteria i.e. they must have also completed seventeen years (17 years) of age during the time of admissions.
- There are some additional eligibility conditions as well which are mentioned by the regulatory authorities for MBBS i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI).
MBBS Course Highlights:
|MBBS Full form||Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery|
|MBBS Course Duration||Five & half Years (Four & half Years of the Programme + One Year for Internship)|
|Minimum Qualification||10+2 Education|
|Selection Process||Entrance Examination|
|Course-Fee||INR 25,000/ann – INR 21 lakhs/ann|
|Average Annual Salary||2.8 LPA INR – 65 LPA I NR|
|Employment||Nursing Homes, Hospitals, Biotechnology Companies, Biomedical Companies, Health Centres, Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Companies|
MBBS Course Duration:
Before going into the MBBS admission process in our country, it is recommended that an aspirant must know all about MBBS.
The duration of the MBBS course is Five and a half years which also includes a rotating one-year internship. The internship is very crucial, and you can complete the course just by finishing an internship. The course duration of MBBS academic course is Four and a half years that includes 9 semesters. MCI i.e Medical Council of India is the only accreditation body in our country for MBBS courses. MCI is also responsible for revamping and structuring the MBBS course in India.
MBBS Subjects and MBBS Syllabus:
In the curriculum of MBBS courses, enthusiastic doctors not only learn about everything in & around the healthcare & medical industry, but they also get the chance to learn the ethical practices, get to intern with health care centers/ hospitals & volunteering projects.
If you intrested in netflix and other ott platform so read this-What is the OTT ?
Check table for subjects in MBBS:
|Anatomy||Dermatology & Venereology|
|Physiology||Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||Ophthalmology|
Full form of Some other Medical Courses:
- BDS Full form – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- The BHMS full form – Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
- BAMS full form – Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine & Surgery
- BSMS full form – Bachelor of Siddha Medicine & Surgery .